a higher standard of citation
How to add context to one of your webpages with Citet.net
- Mark up your page by adding a blockquote or q tag with a "cite" tag:
- <blockquote cite='http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/jeffauto.asp'>sample quote<blockquote>
- Submit the URL of your page to be indexed (above). This will create one JSON file for each quote on the page. (sample JSON file)
- Reload your page to pull in the newly created JSON file/s.
What this does
This will retreive the 500 characters of context
before and after your quotation and store it in a JSON snippet.
newly-created JSON snippet.
- This index.php script makes a POST request to the api.citeit.net web service and saves a copy of the JSON to a local folder: CiteIt.net_json
- (you need to set write permissions for this folder)
- Submit a URL for Indexing: (POST-preferred)
- Text version of URL: (html only, PDF version desired)
- Quote Hashkeys of URL:
- Canonical URL: get preferred url